StatCounter

2023年10月7日 星期六

Three-leaved clover(三葉草)(06 Oct 2023)

德不孤,必有鄰。

I planted the purple heart-shaped sweet potato leaves a few years ago. They grew fast and covered the area very soon. Later they had been destroyed but some survivors keep striving. Then I found the three-leaved clover(三葉草) grew by themselves beside the survivors. Peoples say the three-leaved clovers are common so you are lucky if you found a four-leaved one. I don't try to find out the four-leaved one but (or, because?) I feel I am lucky to have the thought of finding out more knowledge about the clover (and everything, as usual). So, after doing some simple researches, I found the formal name of three-leaved clover is shamrock(酢漿草), and Saint Patrick once used it to represent the Trinity and the three theological virtues during his missionary work conducted in Ireland. Um, the school syllabus during my time definitely was too emphasized on the local history.


沒有留言:

張貼留言