StatCounter

2023年10月20日 星期五

The plants and a country walk (19 Oct 2023)

Today (19 Oct 2023) is a day full of plants - but which day is not?! While my younger sister introduces her name means the fragrance of plants at dawn - as what I remind her - I should not forget that I am the Rosa family at dawn.  

The first plant I notice is a half ripen papaya. Normally people will pick it down from the tree if it is seen like this or it will be eaten by the birds. However I want to have a full ripe one because it would be more delicious. So I will pick it tomorrow. See whether Nature will side with me!

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." - I understand. It will be more delicious.

Taiwanese call the status of "ripen on tree" as 在欉熟(zài cóng shú). 在 means "on", 欉 is "tree" in the Hokkien dialect, and 熟 is "ripen". I remember the Taiwanese farmers always mentioned their fruits were picked when ripening on trees, especially in the summer season. But could you differentiate between those picked ripening on trees and those picked unripe but produced with certain artificial ripening agents?   

Later I found the bitter gourd seeds sprouting, after their one week of underground striving efforts.

Another sprouting seed looks like a baby bird's head - or maybe dinosaur's head? (https://shorturl.at/lAV49)

There are some lily-like wild plants nearby. Honestly, I always keep them alive when conducting the bush and grass massacre action because the flowers really look nice. This world is full of unfair issues as human practice discrimination based on their preference.    

Two roses are blooming. They look stunning in real life but plasticky in the picture. Sigh, not photogenic indeed.  


Another three-leaved clover with purple flowers. The shamrocks on the other side are the species with yellow flowers. Would a bold visual contrast of purple mixing yellow be created if I plant them together? I know the combination of bitter gourd's yellow flowers and butterfly pea's blue flowers is superb.       

After I sent my car for repair because it had been crashed by someone (well, the driver will pay) weeks ago, I have a precious time to do a country walk in the noon. The repair garage, my primary school and my home are all located besides the main road. I once walked to the school so many years ago. Yet I almost didn't do so after leaving primary school. The buildings and the wild plants are the most capturable objects when walking along the roadside. Did the staff of Jabatan Penerangan do this too? I should ask Mr Ng then.

So, on the way, I can easily recognize the Malay houses simply by their surrounding of the trees, flowers, grass or any plants.




It is a PU-LA-SAN tree near a river!

It is a Chinese house that does not keep the plants.

A ruin covered by the morning glory.

A gated Malay house with two big trees in front of the yard.

"Where should we go? Will He protect us?" The oil palm fruits ask, at the crossroad. 

Arriving at the kampung (village) where my primary school is located.

There are many cars in and out as it is the after school time. During my days, the main transportation vehicle was motorbike.

The Feng-Shui masters will say the view-blocking of main building front side by the pillar should not happen. The photographers will definitely agree on this.  

I remember that the basketball shooting boards were wooden made during my time.  

Spotted another wild plant with three-leaves but I am not sure whether they are from the family of shamrocks too... 

花徑不曾緣客掃,蓬門今始爲君開 - That is the poem comes across my mind when I see this abandoned government building. It was either the hostel or the office of Jabatan Pengaliran dan Saliran before. There are many abandoned old government buildings around. This is really a severe waste. These buildings should be reassigned for other purposes, such as becoming the community centres. But unluckily this does not happen here. People tend to build new concrete giants and call this a development. They create and develop concrete ruins actually.  


I see unknown wild purple flowers. The buds look like the geniuses in cartoons.  

When I arrive at home, I notice that there is a pair of ripe guavas on the tree. This is because I have cleared the yellowish dead leaves from the tree. When there are only green leaves, the yellowish ripened guavas could be seen easily.


A bitter gourd flower fades on the shamrocks. 

Some Brazilian spinach and Ceylon spinach were picked as part of my dinner.


沒有留言:

張貼留言