StatCounter

2024年7月24日 星期三

Word | Action

It has been some days that I haven't had uninterrupted sleeping. But last night it was one. Was it due to the "Sweet dreams"? - That's scary!

so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth;
    it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    and prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
                                                            - Isaiah 55:11

Sent some papayas to my Malay neighbour who loves sweet flavour in the evening. Of course we chatted for a while regarding family. There is a Chinese saying, 家家有本難念的經 that means "every family has a difficult-reading scripture" literally. It means "every family has a skeleton in the cupboard". I think the English proverb is scary - what skeleton in the cupboard?! While, if every family has a scripture to read, no matter how difficult it is, the family has a high possibility of being a blessed family. Taking initiative to turn the idea into action and make it happen is always important.

沒有留言:

張貼留言